banner search whats new site index home


After the building of the Franklin branch of the Erie Railroad early in the seventies, passing down the east side of the valley of French Creek, a railroad station was established in the corner of Mercer County called Carlton. A post office was opened in July, 1874, with Nelson J. Reynolds as postmaster, and the office is now the only one in that corner of the county. [1]

Carlton Map

Street Names
Carlton Road East • Cochranton Road • Route 322

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 127877 • Privacy