Old Allentown Historic District
The boundaries of Old Allentown are contiguous with early City development and its first westward expansion in 1867. Dating to the City's inception, Old Allentown was the northwest quadrant of the original plan of Northampton Town, which was surveyed in 1762 by order of the founder, William Allen. The significance of Old Allentown as a historic district lies in the retention of the Northampton Town Plan and the architectural developments during the Victorian Period, dating from 1840-1910. The original plan, inspired by William Penn's plan of Philadelphia, was laid out in a grid pattern and became the mode that continued throughout the City in subsequent years.
- Allentown City Bureau of Planning and Zoning, Old Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Plan, 2004, www.allentownpa.gov, accessed January, 2010.
Old Allentown Historic District Map
10th Street North • 11th Street North • 12th Street North • 8th Street North • 9th Street North • Amanda Street North • Blank Street North • Broome Street • Brush Street West • Chestnut Street • Chew Street • Court Street West • Edison Street • Egge Street North • Emmett Street • Fountain Street North • Gordon Street West • Hazel Street North • Howard Street North • Liberty Street West • Linden Street West • Lumber Street North • Lynn Street North • Monroe Street • Nagle Street North • Newton Street • North Street • Oak Street • Palm Street North • Peach Street North • Pine Street • Plum Street North • Poplar Street North • Refwal Street North • Russell Street • Turner Street West • Warren Street • Wayne Street • Webster Street • Zieglers Court
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 131270 • Privacy