banner search whats new site index home


Like many railroad stations in Chester County, the Delaware and Pomeroy branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad took a well-rooted name to designate a stop in West Marlborough Township. In the middle of the 1880's, however, railroad officials changed the name from Pusey station to Clonmell, a name suggested by Edward Pennock because the first owner of the land on which it stood, Joseph Pennock, came from near Clonmell, Tipperary County, Ireland. The land was patented to Pennock in 1703. [1]

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

School District: Unionville-Chadds Ford

Clonmell Map

Street Names
Big Springs Road • Route 842 • Thouron Road • Upland Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 104199 • Privacy