banner search whats new site index home

Brandamore


Located on the western branch of the Brandywine Creek ... it was the site of Hatfield's Mill and probably so known until 1870 when the Wilmington and Northern built a railroad station there to take care of freight and passengers at that time and called it Manor Station. Nobody did anything about changing the name until the nearby settlers applied for a post office about 1890, and then it seems the Mitchell family was important enough to have some say in the matter. Brandamore, in honor of Mrs. Mitchell's name, and the railroad dropped its name of the station to conform to local wishes. [1]

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Brandamore Map

Street Names
Brandamore Road • Hibernia Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 103022 • Privacy