banner search whats new site index home


The crossroads village of Forestville, on the Baltimore Pike between Jennersville and Oxford, was so called because the groves of trees around the houses of the Turners, Sloans and Harpers were choked with briers and undergrowth when a post office with Thomas W. Harlan in charge, was created there on May 18, 1852. The office was discontinued June 4, 1859. [1]

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Forestville Map

Street Names
Baltimore Pike • Forestville Road • Newark Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 127869 • Privacy