banner search whats new site index home

Glenhall


"In the northeast corner of Newling Township, about five miles from West Chester, Glenhall was a rural post office from about 1871 to 1907. It was derived from the name William Hall, the first postmaster, and the secluded hollow along the Western Brandywine. The post office was located in the railroad station on the Wilmington and Northern branch of the Reading Railroad." [1]

  1. Edward Pinkowski, Chester County Place Names, Philadelphia, Sunshine Press, 1962

Glenhall Map

Street Names
Glenhall Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 103996 • Privacy