banner search whats new site index home

Kemblesville


Kemblesville [1]

About 5 miles south of West Grove Borough, Kemblesville was once the largest mill town in the township having, in 1823, three mills, a hotel, and a pottery works.Formerly called Fox Chase, Kemblesville's first Post Office was named for George Kemble, part of a prominent family in the area.

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Kemblesville Map

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 103412 • Privacy