banner search whats new site index home


Here and there in the village of Leopard, which had a post office from 1866 to 1907, are deep-retreating country estates at a fork in the road between Newtown Square and the Great Valley. The one-time center of activity in Easttown Township was named for the Leopard, erected in 1716, where teamsters stopped to water their horses and to relax themselves awhile in the tavern. [1]

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Leopard Map

Street Names
Darby-Paoli Road • Leopard Road • Route 252 • Twinbrook Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 127867 • Privacy