Historic Settlement 
A cluster of houses on one side and an upholstery mill on the other side of Beaver Creek in East Brandywine Township, has survived a long succession of mill owners and names. It was known as Bonds' Factory as early as 1847, and somewhere along the line the houses were built and named Bondsville, as was a public school later, after the mill owner. The village got its own post office in 1889, but it was named Roberts in honor of James C. Roberts who owned the woolen factory at the time. The post office was discontinued in 1904.