Enos Schlichter donated land for the area's first church, circa 1826. The region became known as Schlichter. When the post office was created in 1868, Jacob Schlichter was the postmaster, and the name remained. At that time the village was reported to have a hotel, store, a number of shops, and nearly a dozen residences. Sometime later, for reasons unknown, the post office name was changed to Almont.
Getman, Nase, Zellner, and Beotel are surnames of Pennsylvania German families who began settling the are circa 1750. Early villagers were represented by Lutheran, Reformed and Mennonite denominations. Ground for a cemetery was donated by George Getman. Legible tombstones were identified with dates as early as the 1860s. Local lore suggested that a number of unmarked tombstones covered the graves of Indians.
School District: Pennridge