Placing reference to the historic village of Rich Hill in Richland Township is a one-in-three decision. The village surrounded what is now the intersection of Rich Hill Road and Old Bethlehem Pike, which forms a nexus of boundaries that includes East Rockhill, West Rockhill, and Richland Townships.
A post office was established here in 1883, with Richard Scheetz as postmaster. Prior to that it was known for many years as Bunker Hill.
Just south of Rich Hill was another (now extinct) village that was variously known as Smoketown or Rocky Ridge which is located "in The Rocks" straddling the East and West Rockhill Township line.. Little is known of the origins. George MacHenry (Place Names in Bucks County) relates that Rocky Ridge was once a political rallying point due to its east "up country" accessibility along the Bethlehem Pike thoroughfare. 
School District: Quakertown Community