Located on the toll road from Philadelphia to Allentown (now Allentown Road) the town takes its name from the 1834 owner of its hotel, George Steinman. This town boasted a tannery, a coach maker, a butcher, a blacksmith, a grist mill, and a creamery. Over the years there were three homes which served as undertakers. Erdman's Bottling Works where soft drinks were made was in operation from 1929 to the early 1960's. Today there are no businesses in operation in this section of Milford Township but it remains a lovely place to visit at the intersection of Allentown and Steinsburg Rds.
Source: Milford Township Historical and Preservation Society, PO Box 73, Spinnerstown PA 18968; 215-538-8101.
Allentown Road • Cassel Road • Rosedale Road • Steinsburg Road
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 100289 • Privacy