This town takes its name from the Spinner Family who settled there in 1753. David Spinner (born in 1758) was a potter who practiced the art of graffito on redware using the red clay of the area. His house stands across from the Spinnerstown Hotel, formerly known as "The Sign of the Spread Eagle" which was also run by members of the Spinner Family -first David in the 1840's, and later his son Edwin in 1853. The hotel has been owned by the Dale family since 1959 and is a favorite dining spot for many.
Source: Milford Township Historical and Preservation Society, PO Box 73, Spinnerstown PA 18968; 215-538-8101.