Originally this area was known as Aurora but the name was changed to Geryville in 1871 after the postmaster, Jesse Gery. In the center of this small village stands the former Geryville Publick House (now known as the Thatched Inn). This tavern played a vital part in the Whiskey Rebellion of 1779 (otherwise known as the Fries Rebellion.)
Source: Milford Township Historical and Preservation Society, PO Box 73, Spinnerstown PA 18968; 215-538-8101.
School District: Quakertown Community
Geryville Pike • Sleepy Hollow Road
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 100285 • Privacy