Remnants of the village of Mozart are found around the intersection of Swamp and Mozart Roads in the southwestern part of Buckingham Township. It was originally named Concord, probably in honor of the historic Massachusetts battle. When a post office was established in 1894 a name change was necessary, and Mozart, it has been suggested, was the preferred offering of a number of local area fiddlers. At one time Mozart was home to a sizable wagon-building operation.
The post office was discontinued after 1905. Mozart sits approximately midway along the 4-mile route from Rushland to Furlong.
School District: Central Bucks