Overton Village  was the only one in Overton Township; one-quarter mile from the Sullivan County line. It was an excellent trading point. The village was platted by Henry Sherman in 1856 and the first lot sold to Joseph Mosbacher, who began blacksmithing in the village in 1855.
- Heverly, Clement F., History and Geography of Bradford County Pennsylvania, 1615-1924, Bradford County Historical Society, 1926, Towanda PA
Overton Village Map
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 119377 • Privacy