Dauberville is located in Centre Township on the western bank of the Schuylkill River. Nineteenth century records cite an A. Dauberd as a property owner in the area; a Dauberd Mill was in operation by 1896. The area's economy historically has been based on agriculture, with related rural industries including grist and saw mills, and an ice plant located on Irish Creek. 
The Dauberville Bridge, built in 1908, takes Belleman Church Road traffic across the Schuylkill River to and from Ontelaunee Township just north of Leesport Borough. The bridge was entered onto the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.