This little village is situated on Long run, three miles above its junction with the Kiskiminetas near the borough of Avonmore, Westmoreland county, and is in the southeastern part of the township. Its early records showed a population of seventy-five in 1876. The Long Run post office was established here in 1857, with Samuel Orr as the official in charge. In 1880 there were 4 laborers, 3 merchants, 4 farmers, 2 carpenters, 1 shoemaker, 1 blacksmith and 1 miner in the village. John McAwley and James McAdoo were the storekeepers.
The Lutherans of this community attended service for some years at "Yockey's Church," in Westmoreland county, but in 1853 they organized and called Rev. J. N. Burket as pastor. There were nineteen original members, most of whom came from the Spring Church congregation. Their first church was erected in 1854 and dedicated by Rev. David Earhart, who afterward served them in the course of his travels over Armstrong and Indiana counties. The membership in 1913 is 100, and the Sunday school has 120 members.
The present house of worship was erected in 1886, and cost $2,247. It is a large frame building and the town is justly proud of it.