The unincorporated hamlet of Java Village was established ca. 1811-1812 by settlers attracted to the potential mill sites along Beaver Meadow Creek. The first mill established was a grist mill, followed soon after by a carding mill, a saw mill, and a tannery. These generated a market for stores, hotels, a blacksmith shop, a boot shop, cabinet shop and an undertaker. A school and post office were also established; the first school was built in 1818. 
- Robert T. Englert, New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, Java School No. 1, Wyoming County, New York, nomination document, 2000, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.
Java Village Map
Gulf Road • Holland Road • Michigan Road • Route 15 • Route 78 • Welch Road
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 135206 • Privacy