banner search whats new site index home

Clifton Town

The Town of Clifton is located at 7171 New York Route #3, Cranberry Lake NY 12927; phone: 315-848-2915.

Beginnings [1]

The town was incorporated in 1868. The first white settlers were brought in by the Clifton Iron Company in 1866 to work their iron mines. In 1866 Joseph Carlyle and Charles Gotham had commenced farming in the area.

  1. Gates Curtis, ed. Our County and Its People: a Memorial Reocrd of St. Lawrence County, New York, D. Mason & Company, Syracuse, 1894.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 18043