Ovid Town Hall is located at 7160 Main Street, Ovid NY 14521; phone: 607-869-3907.
Ovid was formed March 5, 1794. It lies south of the center of the county and extends from Seneca Lake to Cayuga Lake. The first settlement was made in 1789 by Andrew Dunlap who came from Pennsylvania and located in the northwest part of the town. The first religious services were held at the house of Abraham Covert in 1784. The first settled preacher was the Reverend John Lindley in 1800.