Edgewater Village is no longer extant; inclusion here is for historical reference.
Historic Village 
During the 19th century, small communities began to proliferate on Staten Island. The Village of Edgewater, incorporated in 1866, included part of the present-day Stapleton and Clifron and, as its name implies, was a part of the continuous development that took place along the island's eastern shoreline. As these communities developed, public and private buildings and commercial structures were erected; notable among these is the Edgewater Village Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by local architect, Paul Kuhne.