Lowville Town Hall is located at 5533 Bostwick Street, Lowville NY 13367; phone: 315-376-8070.
Lowville was incorporated March 14, 1800 from Mexico Town; part of Harrisburgh Town was taken off in 1803. The first settler was Silas Stow, about 1797. Early settlers included many emigrants from New England.
Early settlers included Jonathan Rogers, Ehud Stephens, Moses Waters, A. Wilcox, Daniel Kelley, Isaac Perry, J. H. Leonard, S. Leonard, John Schull, William Darrow, James Bailey, John Bush, A.F. Snell, J. Snell, David Rice, Benjamin Rice and Ebenezer Hills. Harriet Stephens was the town's first-born child. Daniel Kelley built the first mill. The first inn was kept by Captain Rogers. The first store proprietor was Fortunatus Eager.