Oxford Town Hall is located at 20 LaFayette Park, Oxford NY 13830; phone: 607-843-6222.
Oxford was formed in 1793. Guilford was taken off in 1813 and part of Coventry in 1813. The Chenango River flows southwest through the western part in a valley averaging about 1 mile wide. The first settlement was made in 1790 by Benjamin Hovey. The first preacher was Reverend Uri Tracy (Presbyterian) in 1792.