Originally known as Stephensville, the village was settled about 1790 by Casparus Ackerman and Archibald Stephens. Early hydraulic industries (along the Hannacroix Creek) in the vicinity included a grist mill, a flax mill, a paper mill, a saw mill and a carding and cloth mill.
See: Alcove Historic District.
- National Register nomination document, prepared by E.K. Spencer-Ralph and Charles Florance, New York State Office of Parks and Recreation, Alcove Historic District, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.
Alcove Road • Route 111
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 126035 • Privacy