South Bethlehem (formely Janes' Corners) was, in 1897, a station on the West Shore Railroad. Early settlers included William Janes, John and Henry Callanan, Ambrose Wiltsie, and Elishama Janes who opened a tavern here. A tannery was built about 1825, operated for many years by Robert Carhart. The post office was opened in 1874. William McGee was postmaster in 1897. 
- Amasa J. Parker, editor, Landmarks of Albany County New York, D. Mason & Co., Publishers, Syracuse, 1897.
South Bethlehem Map
Bridge Street • Railroad Street • Route 396 • South Street • Willowbrook Avenue
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 108496 • Privacy