banner search whats new site index home

Arneytown


Beginnings [1]

Arneytown was a hamlet situated on the line between Burlington and Monmouth counties, and was first settled by Friends. It was located on the William Dockwra tract, and derives its name from John Arney, a Quaker who purchased land of Benjamin Borden in 1705. A monthly meeting house was erected there in 1756 and meetings were held regularly for several years.

  1. History of Monmouth County, New Jersey 1664-1920, Volume II, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1922, New York.

Arneytown Map

Street Names
Arneytown-Chesterfield Road • Ellisdale-Arneytown Road • Hornerstown-Arneytown Road • Province Line Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 125338 • Privacy