Sherwood Forest Historic Neighborhood
The Sherwood Forest Historic Neighborhood was designated as a local historic district in 2002.
While the subdivision was platted in 1917, most of the more than 400 residences were built from the late 1920s through the 1930s. The neighborhood was the vision of housing developer, Manly Daniel Davis [1879-1950].
The neighborhood is generally bounded by Pembroke Avenue (north), Livernois Avenue (west), 7 Mile Road West (south) and Parkside Road (east).
A volunteer neighborhood association, formed in 1929, continues today. A private security patrol service was initiated in the 1960s.
Other neighborhoods named