banner search whats new site index home

Clayton County Iowa




Timothy Davis House, ca. 1849, 405 1st Street, NW, Elkader, IA.

Photo: Timothy Davis House, ca. 1849, 405 1st Street, NW, Elkader, IA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Photographed by User:Kevin Schuchmann (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2016.

Clayton County administrative offices are located at 111 High Street NE, Elkader, IA 52043; phone: 563-245-2204.

Clayton County was organized in 1837. It was named for John Middleton Clayton [1796-1856], U.S. Senator from Delaware (1853-1856) and U.S. Secretary of State (1849-1850) under President Zachary Taylor.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 1800