Lincoln County Georgia
The Lincoln County Courthouse is located at 210 Humphrey Street, Lincolnton, GA 30817; phone: 706-359-5505.
Originally part of Wilkes County, its neighbor to the west, Lincoln County was created on February 20, 1796 and named for General Benjamin Lincoln, who accepted the British surrender at Yorktown bringing to an end the Revolutionary War. Both the city and the county were named for General Benjamin Lincoln. Lincoln County was the twenty-fourth county created in Georgia.