Wood Streets Historic District
Woods Streets, circa 1916-1940. 
The Wood Streets Historic District (ca. 1916-1940) offers perhaps the most cohesive neighborhood design to be found in the city of Riverside. This area contains excellent examples of Craftsman, Spanish Colonial Revival, Tudor Revival and Colonial Revival style residences. The neighborhood was originally devoted to orange groves until 1913, when a fill was placed across the Tequesquite Arroyo allowing Magnolia Avenue to connect with downtown. Proximity and easy access to downtown made this area desirable for residential subdivision. A developer named Dr. Edward H. Wood used his name as a suffix to the first street name, and so began a series. The Wood Streets have long served as a middle-class stronghold of Riverside.