banner search whats new site index home

Faulkner County Arkansas




Frank E. Robins House, ca. 1917, 567 Locust Street, Conway, AR, National Register

Photo: Frank E. Robins House, ca. 1917, 567 Locust Street, Conway, AR. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. Photographed by User:Cid.williams (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2015.

Faulkner County administrative offices are located at 801 Locust Street, Conway, AR 72034; phone: 501-450-4900.

The Arkansas Legislature formed Faulkner County from Pulaski and Conway counties in 1873 and named Conway as its county seat. The county was named after Colonel Sanford C. "Sandy" Faulkner [1806-1874]. Colonel Faulkner created the story of the Arkansas Traveler, which was a story, painting, and a musical tune that has molded the image of Arkansas since the 1840s. [Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, Department of Arkansas Heritage, State of Arkansas, www.arkansaspreservation.com, accessed September, 2012.]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 1130