Highland Park

About

Highland Park was an incorporated town first platted about 1887. At that time there were less than 60 homes in the new town. Growth occurred rapidly when the Capital City Street Railway Line extended its track down Highland Avenue [see: Streetcar Suburbs]. The "suburban" houses built as the result of the streetcar line became known as "Bungalow City." The trolley was discontinued in 1936. Many of the late 19th and early 20th century homes were Craftsman Bungalows and Queen Anne styles. A portion of Highland Park was annexed by the City of Montgomery in 1910. The remainder was annexed in 1927. [source: Highland Park Association, www.knology.net/~tomrodman/hpa/home.html, accessed September, 2011]

Location

Streets

2nd Street East • 2nd Street West • Anderson Street • Ann Street • Arthur Street • Bay Street • Beauregard Street • Boyce Street • Brewton Street • Bryan Street • Buford Street • Calloway Street • Capitol Parkway • Chapman Street • Charles Street • Cherry Street • Chestnut Street • Cory Street • Dothan Street • Geneva Street • Grace Street • Greenville Street • Hampton Street • Heustess Street • Highland Avenue • Holly Street • Lake Street • Locust Street • Longview Street • Miriam Street • Mt Meigs Road • Mulberry Street • Olive Street • Palmetto Street • Panama Street South • Park Place • Pine Street • Plum Street • Polk Street • Poplar Street • Rhodes Street • Route 85 • Ryan Street • Spann Place • Spruce Curve • Spruce Street • Teague Street • Thrasher Street • West Street • Yougene Street