Covington County Alabama
Covington County administrative offices are located at 260 Hillcrest Drive, Andalusia, AL 36420; phone: 334-428-2610.
Created in 1821, Covington County was originally part of Henry County and included all of present Coffee County, a portion of Crenshaw County, and most of Dale and Geneva Counties. Covington's southern boundary is still marked by the northern line of the State of Florida, on the north by Butler and Crenshaw Counties, on the west by Escambia and Conecuh Counties, and on the east by Coffee and Geneva Counties. The present-day boundaries of Covington County were secured on November 24, 1866, encompassing an area of 1,034 square miles or 665,776 acres.