Walk to Yardley's Commuter Rail Station
Locations Close to Public Transit Boost Real Estate Values
The American Public Transportation Association and the National Association of Realtors jointly published a report (October, 2019) that shows neighborhoods located within a half-mile of public transit services outperformed those in areas farther distant.
Many commuters travel from Yardley's SEPTA rail station to various locations in lower Bucks County and Philadelphia. Here is a variety of neighborhoods, located within approximately 1/2 mile of the station. These residential and mixed-use areas include condominium flats (including one 55+ development), newer townhomes with basements and garages, neighborhoods of detached singles, and a historic district with eclectic homes from many eras.
- Yardley Commons, (Yardley Boro) — condominium flats along the historic Delaware Canal.
- Yardley Station, (Yardley Boro) — 3 bedroom townhomes with basements and garages.
- Yardley Terrace, (Yardley Boro) — a neighborhood of detached singles built from the 1940s through the 1970s.
- Yardley Point, (Yardley Boro) — 55+ apartment-style condos.
- Silver Lake Terrace, (Lower Makefield) — neighborhood of detached singles from the 1940s through the 1960s surrounding a small, public-access lake.
- Carriage Hill, (Lower Makefield) — larger singles on larger lots built primarily in the 1970s.
- Yardley Historic District, (Yardley Boro) — an eclectic collection of primarily 19th-century singles, twins and row homes.
- Havavue, (Lower Makefield) — a charming neighborhood of detached singles built from the early 20th century through the 1980s.