Beverly Town Hall is located on Walnut Street, Beverly, WV 26253; phone: 304-636-5360.
Beverly as described in 1941 
Beverly, the oldest town in Tygarts Valley, was settled by Robert Files and his family in 1753. A few months after the family's arrival, the Indians massacred all but one boy, who escaped to Virginia with relatives from the neighboring settlement. After the massacre, no settlement was attempted until 1774, when six Westfall brothers constructed a fort at the mouth of Files Creek.
Beverly wears the garment of its past with dignity. Houses built in the last decade of the 18th century stand side by side with modern structures along its shady streets. Townfolk point with pride to the old white houses, many of which hide original log structures of pioneer days under a shell of frame siding. Deeply recessed windows indicate the thickness of the walls in the old log buildings.
In the public square a boulder brought from the Rich Mountain Battlefield bears a bronze plaque listing Beverly's historic sites and presenting a brief summary of the Battle of Rich Mountain. On a knoll in Mount Iser Cemetery stands a slender shaft erected by the United Daughters of the Confederacy in memory of the Confederate dead buried here under the grassy remains of Union trenches.