Ranson City Hall is located at 312 South Mildred Street, Ranson, WV 25438; phone: 304-725-1010.
From its beginnings in the era of the Industrial Revolution, Ranson has embraced the challenges of adaptation and renewal. 
Named for the family that owned much of the 850 acres bordering Charles Town on the north and west, Ranson began as an early economic development district overseen by the Charlestown Mining, Manufacturing & Improvement Company. The Company opened its offices in 1891 at the corner of Third Avenue and Mildred Street in a building that three years later became a school, then eventually Ranson�s City Hall.
By the turn of the 20th century, buoyed by boom times in the Shenandoah Valley, the community grew into a town on its own. It was incorporated on October 15, 1910. Ranson made the most of a welcoming attitude towards new ventures, adding new factories and citizens. By 1950, the population neared 1,500. Then, as the post-WWII U.S. economy began its slow transition from heavy industry to what would become the �knowledge economy,� Ranson adapted. By the late twentieth century, geography and leaders with a keen eye for opportunity, again served the community well.
With Washington, D.C., a little more than 60 miles to the southeast and connected to Ranson by rail and multi-lane highways, Ranson could tout the lifestyle advantages of a small rural town with easy access to a global political and economic hub. By 2000, the population had grown to 2,951, then added 1,000 more residents by 2006. And by the 2010 Census, the number was 4,440, a 148% increase since 1950.