Hortonia Town Hall is located at W9702 Givens Road, Hortonville, WI 54944; phone: 920-779-9780.
The Town of Hortonia's history dates back to 1848 when Alonzo E. Horton purchased 1,500 acres of land from the Governor of Wisconsin. The land cost him seventy cents an acre—a steep price at the time. He was intent on using the land to establish a city site. In 1852, soon after establishing Hortonville, Alonzo Horton sold his interest in the community and headed for California to join in the Gold Rush. While in California, Mr. Horton founded the City of San Diego.
From its humble beginning, the Town of Hortonia has been a farming community. Today, farming is still important, but faces several challenges. In more recent decades, residential development has become more and more pervasive as people seek rural locations with easy access to the employment opportunities in the Fox Cities.