West Allis City
West Allis City Hall is located at 7525 West Greenfield Avenue, West Allis, WI 53214; phone: 414-302-8200.
Unable to expand at it's Milwaukee location, the Edward P. Allis Manufacturing Company moved to North Greenfield in 1900. North Greenville had streetcar lines facilitating an ample supply of labor from Milwaukee. In 1902 North Greenfield organized as a village and named it West Allis. Fred Henderson served as the first village president. West Allis was chartered as a city in 1906. At that time the population stood at approximately 2,300. The area of the city doubled in 1954 as a large annexation was completed to the west. [www.ci.west-allis.wi.us, accessed May, 2011]