banner search whats new site index home

Franklin City

Franklin City Hall is located at 9229 West Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132; phone: 414-425-7500.

A village was named Franklin about 1838 in honor of Benjamin Franklin. It was organized as a township in 1841. In 1956, to avoid annexation by Milwaukee, the town incorporated as a 4th Class City. According to the city's website, prior to incorporation as a city, town officials "disappeared" for several weeks while waiting for the city charter to arrive from Madison, thus avoiding summons that might attempt to block the incorporation. [www.franklin.gov, accessed May, 2011]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2014 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 1933