Stamford Town Hall is located at 986 Main Road, Stamford VT 05352; phone: 802-694-1361.
Stamford is the center of the south tier of towns in the county. It was chartered by New Hampshire, March 6, 1753, and re-chartered June 9, 1754. It contains 23,040 acres, the surface being very uneven. The south part is watered by some of the head branches of Hoosic River in the north part are several natural ponds.