Roanoke County Virginia
- Cave Spring
- Vinton Town
- HISTORIC SITES
- Riverland Historic District
- Belle Aire
- Boxley-Sprinkle House
- Buena Vista
- Gainsboro Historic District
- Grandin Road Commercial Historic District
- Harshbarger House
- Henry Street Historic District
- Hollins College Quadrangle
- Lone Oaks
- McVitty Home
- Mountain View
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company Historic District
- Old Roanoke County Courthouse
- Pleasant Grove
- Roanoke Apartments
- Roanoke City Market Historic District
- Roanoke Downtown Historic District
- Roanoke Warehouse Historic District
- Southwest Historic District
Photo: Pleasant Grove, ca. 1853, 4377 West Main Street, Salem, VA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. Photographed by User:Molly Cardenas (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
The Roanoke County Courthouse is located at 305 East Main Street, Salem, VA 24153; phone: 540-387-6205.
Salem, an Independent Virginia City, is the seat of government for Roanoke County.
Scottish-Irish immigrants began settling in the area as early as 1740. The county was created in 1838 from parts of Botetourt and Montgomery counties.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 3564