banner search whats new site index home

Riverton City

Riverton City Hall is located at 12830 South Redwood Road, Riverton, UT 84065; phone: 801-254-0704.

Early settlers came to Riverton about 1855, the first, Archibald Gardner, was the largest landowner in the region which included bottom land along the Jordan River. The area became known as Gardnersville. Growth was slow due to lack of water. The South Jordan Canal, completed in 1876, meant thousands of acres could be used for cultivation resulting in a rapid increase in the growth and settlement of Riverton. Early settlers included Lars Jensen and Samuel Howard. In 1879 Judge Charles Smith officially changed the name from Gardnersville to Riverton. [History of Riverton,, accessed August, 2011]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 16782