Farmington City Hall is located at 160 South Main Street, Farmington, UT 84025; phone: 801-451-2383.
When the Mormon pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake valley in 1847, Davis County was first utilized by Mormon pioneers as common pasture land. One of the original assigned herders was Hector C. Haight who camped on North Cottonwood Creek near present day Farmington City. Haight eventually settled permanently in Farmington and is considered its founding father. As additional settlers arrived in the Farmington area, settlement occurred in a haphazard pattern due to families settling on individual farm tracts.
The Ezra T. Clark family, which settled in Farmington in 1850 adopted a system of communal ownership which was established and later abandoned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This system continued in the Clark family even after being abandoned by the church. The patriarch of the Clark family also envisioned the neighborhood as a "gathering place" for his family. The impact of these factors is expressed today by the continuous ownership pattern by descendants of Ezra T. Clark.