Centerville City Hall is located at 250 North Main Street, Centerville, UT 84014; phone: 801-295-3477.
Centerville is located approximately twelve miles north of Salt Lake City. Primarily farmers and herdsmen, the early Mormon settlers found the location suitable due to the availability of water from several mountain streams. The town now called Centerville was originally named Deuel Creek Settlement. Deuel Creek is one of the three mountain streams in the Centerville area. This was named for the two Deuel brothers Osmyn and William who settled this area. The name was later changed several times before becoming Centerville in 1852. The place was named Centerville because it was literally centered between two towns, Farmington and Bountiful. Located along the base of the Wasatch Mountains, the towns of Farmington, Centerville and Bountiful all used stone extensively in the construction of houses, mills, granaries, fences, culverts. Stone was obtained from dry creek beds and the rock benchland. The stone homes built during the period from 1860s through the 1880s were some of the largest and most permanent homes built in Centerville.