Rockwall City Hall is located at 385 South Goliad Street, Rockwall, TX 75087; phone: 972-771-7700.
First settled in the 1840s, Rockwall was named for a strange geological formation unearthed by T. U. Wade in the mid 19th century, the town was laid out in 1854. Originally part of Kaufman County, Rockwall seceded and formed its own county. The creation of Lake Ray Hunnard in 1969 launched an era of residential development which continues today.
Rockwall's population more than tripled to more than 35,000 from 1990-2010.