banner search whats new site index home

Sulphur Springs City

Sulphur Springs City Hall is located at 125 South Davis Street, Sulphur Srpings, TX 75482; phone: 903-885-7541.

Originally known as Bright Star when founded in the 1840s. Sulphur Springs was designated as the county seat in 1870 due to its cenral location within the county. The name was changed to Sulphur Spring in 1871 as the town began to market itself as a health resort for the "healing waters" which bubbled-up from nearly 100 natural springs in the immediate area. The railroad came to town in 1872, giving a boost in visitors and settlers attracted to the mineral springs.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 45503