Irving City Hall is located at 825 West Irving Boulevard, Irving, TX 75060; phone: 972-721-2600.
Irving was founded in 1903 by J. O. Sculze and Otis Brown, surveyors for the Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway involved in plotting the route between Fort Worth and Dallas. Seeing a location opportunity, they purchased 80 acres and sold town lots at public auction. It is assumed that the name was perhaps offered by Schulze who was a member of the Washington Irving Literary Society. The new town quickly enveloped a number of surrounding settlements. Irving was incorporated in 1914. [Irving History, www.irvingtexas.com, accessed February, 2014.]