banner search whats new site index home

Duncanville City


Duncanville City Hall is located at 203 East Wheatland Road, Duncanville, TX 75116; phone: 972-780-5000.

The area that would become Duncanville was first settled in the mid-19th century. When the Chicago, Texas and Mexican Central Railway reached here the area was known as Duncan Switch after a railroad employee. A post office was established in 1882 and the name was changed to Duncanville. Charles Nance served as the first postmaster.

Duncanville was incorporated in 1947.

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 19348 • Privacy