DeSoto City Hall is located at 211 East Pheasant Run Road, DeSoto, TX 75115; phone: 972-274-2489.
Curtis and Amelia Parks came from Indiana in 1847 and built a home here. They are believed to be the first white settlers in the area that would become DeSoto. Coming from Tennessee in 1848, T. J. Johnson built the area's first general store. A post office was established in 1881 and named for Dr. Thomas DeSoto Stewart who served the medical needs of the growing farming community. DeSoto was incorporated as a city in 1949.